Turkey leftovers? This unpretentious salad is simple, classic and makes a delicious lunch the day after. You can also use chicken instead of turkey.
1 lb cooked turkey meat (preferably breast), cut into small cubes
½ cup diced Honeycrisp or Fuji apples, about ½ an apple
¾ cup diced celery, about 3 stalks (save some leaves for garnish)
1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
1/3 cup light Mayonnaise
1/3 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
½ cup almonds (or walnuts), lightly toasted
4 slices multi-grain bread
- In a bowl, place the turkey, apples, celery and shallots.
- In a different bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard and lemon juice. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce into the salad and fold everything with a rubber spatula.
- Add the parsley and almonds and fold again.
- Toast a slice of multigrain bread and pour the salad on top. Garnish with some celery leaves.
Subscribe my channel!